Advanced Japanese Acupuncture Therapy
Not all acupuncture treatments are alike.
- Chinese medicine has a history of more than 5000 years.
- As it has evolved to date, many styles and traditions have been created and still exist in China, Japan, Korea and other Asian countries.
- The most commonly practiced style in the United States is called Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). TCM is a synthesized, unified style by the Peoples’ Republic of China in the 1960s. It is made for low costs, fast and shorter treatment suitable for larger populations in a community clinic/hospital setting. The treatment is easily replicable, regardless of practitioners, as point prescriptions are standardized. The downside is that it is less personalized, frequent visits weekly or often bi-weekly, and often limited to symptomatic treatment.
MIka's Japanese style, not TCM:
Master practitioner, Mika Ichihara, proudly practices a unique lineage of Japanese-style acupuncture protocols dating back to the 1600s. She is one of only three practitioners in the United States practicing the Ken Kobayashi-style Japanese acupuncture and medicinal herb protocol. She also practices Kiiko Matsumoto-style acupuncture, a Japanese Meridian Therapy internationally renowned for its efficacy.
Benefits: How different from TCM?
Her each treatment is comprehensive and allows the body to achieve not only symptomatic relief but also a deep, profound reset for the body and mind. Each treatment:
- Alleviates manifesting symptoms, such as pains;
- Supports vital organs, such as kidneys, liver, heart, lungs, intestines, and others;
- Treats root issues that cause illness and obstruct healing, therefore the body can return to "homeostasis" and activate it’s innate ability to heal, such as:
- Aiding the body in detoxification
- Strengthening the immune system
- Balancing the autonomic nervous system
- Balancing hormones
What to expect in each treatment?
- Each session is up to 2 hours, much longer than TCM treatment: The difference in the outcome of treatment is significant! The recovery and healing with our comprehensive treatment are faster and more profound than that of smaller sessions. Such results cannot be obtained with smaller, shorter sessions.
- Less frequent visit required: Unless otherwise a condition is extremely acute, treatment is usually required every 2 weeks or less.
- Treat the root cause accelerate healing faster and deeper: Her remedies reset the body’s functions and restore body’s own natural rhythm. This creates true, long lasting health from inside out.
- Safe to combine with conventional treatments: All needles are sterilized and used only once. Japanese needles are shorter and thinner and applied gently.
Moxibustion: Moxibustion is a traditional Japanese healing therapy, often combined with acupuncture. Igniting a small corn of moxa (mugwort) improves blood circulation, activates cell rejuvenation for inflammation, and alleviates pain. Using moxibustion increases the effectiveness of acupuncture by tenfold in a single session.
Far Infrared Heat therapy: Accelerates elimination of toxins out of the body and improves blood circulation. Read below...
Herbal Medicine: A custom-made prescription of medicinal herbs. Read more…
Nutritional Consultation: Holistic guidance of nutrition and diet. Read more…
Initial session: 2 hrs
Follow-up sessions: 90 – 105 min
Frequency: usually every 2 weeks, unless otherwise acute
Package of 4 or 8 sessions available (Expires 90 days after purchase).
Pediatric Acupuncture: (under 12 years old)
Initial session: 1 hour
Follow-up session: 30 min
Far-Infrared Heat Therapy (Hyperthermia)
Far Infrared (FIR) Therapy* or hyperthermia is an innovative treatment for whole-body detoxification and revitalization of organ and physiological functions. Far infrared waves penetrate the body 5-6 inches deep, increasing body temperature, which strengthens the immune system and increases blood circulation. FIR has been found to help weight loss and cancer treatment.
*We are the only health clinic in New York City using “Smarty,” the original and most reliable far infrared healing device from Japan.
A: Normal Body Temperature
B: Body temperature after using “Smarty”
C: Body temperature after using a regular sauna
Benefits of Far Infrared Therapy:
- Strengthens the immune system
Aids in destroying cancer cells
Promotes the elimination of fats, chemicals, and toxins from the bloodstream
Increases blood flow, cellular regeneration, blood circulation, and oxygenation
Kills pathogenic bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites
Stimulates enzyme activity in the digestive system
Promotes rebuilding of injured tissue and anti-aging
Relieves nervous tension and relaxes muscles
Strengthens the cardiovascular system
Alleviates breathing problems and congestion
Relieves stress in the body, mind, and spirit
Smarty Far-Infrared Dome made in Japan
Hyperthermia and Cancers
FIR therapy is scientifically recognized as an effective method for treating cancer patients. It helps strengthen the immune system, releases toxins, and shrinks tumor cells with or without conventional cancer treatment. Nobuhiro Yoshimizu, M.D., Ph.D., Director of the Nakamachi Garden Clinic in Japan, is one of many medical doctors who successfully incorporate FIR therapy in treating cancer patients. He considers FIR therapy the “Fourth Approach” in supplementing cancer treatment.
- Read excerpts from his book, The Fourth Treatment for Medical Refugees: Thermotherapy in the New Century.
- Read this article about how hyperthermia can be used to treat cancer: Cancer Society: Hyperthermia to treat cancer
Recommended frequency for FIR treatments:
Cancers and other chronic conditions: 2-3 sessions a week
Intensive detox: 4 sessions over 1-2 weeks
Health maintenance/prevention: 2-3 sessions a month
“I had so much pain and bloating due to the gallstones. I had an appointment for a surgery to remove the gallstones, but I decided to postpone the surgery and try acupuncture together with Chinese herbs, as suggested by Mika. As the treatment continued, the stones were passing. After receiving treatment for a couple of months, I completely recovered from the symptoms and gained strong energy as well. I started going back to school to complete my degree! Thank you, Mika!” (Female, 50s)
Pain All Over
“I suffered from severe pain all over my body and used to take countless pain medications every day—but was still in pain. After 3 acupuncture sessions with Mika, I am now completely pain-free and I do not take pain medications. I also began changing my diet according to her instructions, lost 10 pounds, and will continue to feel great.” (Male, 50s)
“Since childhood, I developed severe sinus infections and received 2 surgeries, but the infections still came back. I received 3 acupuncture sessions with Mika, together with her detox program and my sinus infection is completely healed. It also simultaneously healed my anxiety. This helped me find a new job, a new partner, and my life is totally rejuvenated.” (Female, 20s)
“In the past 3 years, I struggled with occasional acid reflux which was aggravated by stress. I was tired of taking medication forever and I decided to pursue natural therapy. Every acupuncture session with Mika reduced my pain and within four sessions, the pain was completely gone. I continue improving my diet and consciously release stress.” (Male, 30s)
“I suffered from chronic allergies including food and sinus problems for years and it made me sick all the time. I tried pretty much everything, but nothing worked significantly. Then, I met Mika. After several sessions, my condition dramatically improved and I don’t feel sick any more from the food I used to have problems with. I can enjoy eating pretty much any food now, without getting sick. Thank you, Mika.” (Male, 20s)
Disclaimer: Please note, Mika Ichihara, M.S., L.Ac. is a licensed acupuncturist and holistic practitioner, and not a medical doctor. Always consult a medical doctor or appropriate physician to discuss your conditions and receive their medical advice. You should not rely on this website for diagnosis or medical advice, which serves solely as general holistic guidance to your conditions. Mika Ichihara may provide general information about medical conditions and treatments. However, the information provided by Mika Ichihara and this website is not a substitute for medical advice. Mika Ichihara assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from action taken based on her holistic advice and the information or material on or linked to this site.