Our Integrative Japanese Medicine is a holistic approach to treating the root cause of illness and transformation. Our remedies reset the body’s functions for its own natural healing rhythm to take hold. This creates true, lasting health from inside out.
Together with Japanese-style acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine is a vital component for holistic, natural healing of internal conditions. While acupuncture transmits signals from the outer layers to the inner layers through meridians, which run throughout the body, Chinese herbal medicine heals from the inside out. All of the herbs we use have been used for over 5,000 years and have established effectiveness and safety guidelines.
We choose the traditional method of preparing an herbal formula in Japan and China, which is called “decoction”, if possible. “Decocted teas" is made from cooking the formula in water for 45 min. Despite their strong taste and aroma, it is considered the most potent and effective rather than processed forms such as granules, capsules and tablets.
Conditions treated, but not limited to:
- Digestive (GI) conditions: acid reflux, gastritis, colitis, hemorrhoids, leaky gut, irritable bowel syndrome, liver/gallbladder/pancreas conditions, bloating, gas, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea
- Gynecological: fibroids, PMS, menstrual conditions, menopause, pre-menopause, hormonal imbalance, infertility, labor, postpartum
- Autoimmune disorders: multiple sclerosis (MS), Lupus, Sjogren’s disease, Hashimoto Disease, rheumatoid arthritis, colitis
- Allergies: seasonal allergy, food allergies, and other types of allergies
- Cancer: holistic, natural and integrative support for the immune system, organ functions, nutrition, and relevant emotions such as fear and anxiety
- Systemic infections: candidiasis, yeast infections, parasites, dysbiosis of intestinal flora
- Endocrine: diabetes, thyroid conditions
- Pediatrics: asthma, cough, bronchitis, allergies, indigestion, constipation, ear infections, frequent colds
- Respiratory: bronchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, common cold, flu, asthma, acute and chronic cough, catching a cold easily, Coronavirus
- Urological: kidney conditions, cystitis, interstitial cystitis
- Pain: headache, migraine, pain in lower back, neck, shoulder and joints, arthritis
- Psychological: depression, anxiety, panic attacks
Mode of sessions: Please select either IN-PERSON or VIRTUAL
- A course of prescription herbs (8 –12 days supply): $100-150
Disclaimer: Please note, Mika Ichihara, M.S., L.Ac. is a licensed acupuncturist and holistic practitioner, and not a medical doctor. Always consult a medical doctor or appropriate physician to discuss your conditions and receive their medical advice. You should not rely on this website for diagnosis or medical advice, which serves solely as general holistic guidance to your conditions. Mika Ichihara may provide general information about medical conditions and treatments. However, the information provided by Mika Ichihara and this website is not a substitute for medical advice. Mika Ichihara assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequence resulting directly or indirectly from action taken based on her holistic advice and the information or material on or linked to this site.